Close all laptops please! (Back row is excluded)
Mar 13: Prototyping week for generating high-fidelity, interactive prototypes of your application.
Mar 20: Testing week for finding flaws and improving your prototype.
Mar 27: Refinement and final presentation development week. (Worth 20%)
We are pushing you far and fast with this week's prototype deliverables. Please remember that it is still worth your time and energy to make lower fidelity prototypes before moving into the high-fidelity.
Not just a bad movie
When your user first opens your app, they will not have you there to pitch it to them. How can you help them understand the core idea without being there yourself?
Make sure that your core idea is:
- Simple enough for them to agree or not with the purpose.
- In plain language that they would understand.
- Repeated as appropriate in the application.
- Tied to an outcome or goal that they have.
Remember: Users Have Types
- No wants to be one.
- Looking for a mental-model match.
- Not dumb, likely busy.
Remember to consider:
- What is the first thing they may do?
- What do they need to figure out?
- Are things discoverable?
Find one other group to present your pitch to. Each group will have an opportunity to present and get some additional feedback.
Have one of the groups present their pitch.
Have the other groups provide feedback on the pitch.
Based on your work for P03 for this week, your sketching task is to come up with 2 interface storyboards which each show a different task for your interactive system. Each interface storyboard should clearly demonstrate:
- What task the user is completing
- What the user interacts with
- Where the interface takes the user
- How the interface reacts
In This Week's Labs...
You will be presenting your application ideas. Remember that you need to be able to explain to us why your idea matters.
In Next Week's Lecture...
We will talk about failure, as well as have a reading quiz. Which you will hopefully not fail.
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the mezzanine Tuesdays from 9-10am, Fridays from 9-10am.